Subject: Re: new r4k code problems
To: None <simonb@telstra.com.au>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/17/1997 19:55:13
Hi.

> I've built a kernel for a 5000/260 from last night's SUP, and both
> booting of disk and diskless it hangs after the "root file system type"
> message.

Is your 5000/260 "head-less"?  Your kernel does not recognize any
framebuffer devices.  Your getty login prompt goes nowhere.  Is your
PROM "osconsole" environment value correct for your configuration?
The messages "Using PROM serial output until serial drivers initialized"
tells something wrong happened around pmax/pmax/cpu_cons.c.

I'm very curious about;

scc1 at asic0 offset 0x180000 priority  (In sccattach: cn_dev = 0x1102) (Unit = 1): console

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology