Subject: R4000/R4400 support for DECstations
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/15/1997 13:39:24
I have just committed my changes to support the R4000/R4400-based
DECstations.  They should be available by SUP and on ftp.netbsd.org
tomorrow.  These changes currently only allow suuport of a single
architecture only.  This will be changed to allow a single kernel to
support both R2000/R3000 and R4000/R4400 machines, but as Jonathan said
in a previous message, that support may not be available in the 1.3
release.  The R4000 config file in arch/pmax/conf is a GENERIC kernel
configured for the R4000/R4400 CPU.

The R4400 was working with an earlier version of this code, but I
haven't had verification of it still functioning with the current
version.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu