Subject: Re: help
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Steven McDonald <scm@cats.ucsc.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/27/1997 16:34:57
On Tue, 27 May 1997, Jonathan Stone wrote:

> Hmm. the Installation guide is complete and correct as far as it goes.
> But it does assume you have machines to help with the installation.

I have something I've been meaning to add: this can be seen as either a
bug in the kernel or in the documentation (unless it's somewhere that I
didn't find it)

The NetBSD kernel will fail to netboot (give a sever timeout error)
unless a swap file is specified in the bootparams information. This gave
me a lot of trouble for quite a while because I figured that with 64 megs
of ram I didn't really need to bother with the swap file. (at least to
try to start the kernel...)

-Steve