Subject: Re: mips/pte.h
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/25/1997 09:21:40
On May 25,  4:09pm, Arne Henrik Juul wrote:
> I got problems when trying to compile libkvm.old, and I traced it
> to /usr/src/sys/arch/mips/include/mips.h:
> The problem is that *neither* MIPS1 nor MIPS3 is defined.  I don't
> know what the right way to resolve this is - while we cannot support
> both MIPS1 and MIPS3 in the same kernel, can we do it in the same
> libkvm?

  What I've done is:

#ifndef MIPS3
#include <mips/pte_mips1.h>
#else

#ifdef MIPS3
#include <mips/pte_mips3.h>
#endif

  The two different pte definitions have lots of name conflicts, so will
need to be redone at some time.

  Also, I suspect the pte definitions are only used while using a coredump
file - which the pmax port does not even generate yet.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant