Subject: Monochrome X
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kevin Sullivan <ksulliva@psc.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/20/1997 14:33:38
--==_Exmh_1366742557P

I've just installed NetBSD/pmax on a Decstation 5000/133.  I'm using
Xcfbpmax as the X server (the other servers give a very garbled screen)
and start X with "-cc StaticGray".

"xwininfo -root" shows that X thinks I have 8 bits of grey; however, I'm
only getting 1 bit of color on the screen.  Can this computer do more than
1 bit?  (It has all "standard" equipment.)  If not, is there a way to tell
X that I only have 1 bit?

	-Kevin

--==_Exmh_1366742557P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.2

iQCVAwUBM4HugX4qeMKIUCpVAQG/jAQAi5TdrriDqh5wYIm3jGbMGxtTE2dF82MH
W/NGkxzIiWIcWct0Dsmp5h6zKSWGM9IJHJSMlOB2IxXk5neKTBTHkPD0zMIPWcZR
ppsdzAgS7nzj/k5/cDByCWlIewxryKC/eh7dqDjmzK5NF+ihp5Z4uLHrAuFQV1A2
sGTCPktNId4=
=szln
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_1366742557P--