Subject: Re: Installed 5000/25 (X problem)
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <pyld@grove.iup.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/29/1997 12:22:15
On Tue, 29 Apr 1997, Paul Sijben wrote:

[snip]

> Installation of X worked fine (with the help from the mail by Scott Gash.)
>
> I have one problem, the mouse pointer will not move to the left quarter of
> the screen. Does anyone have a clue on how to fix that?

Try downloading -current, grab yourself today's source, and try rebuilding
the kernel.  There were a couple of patches and such floating around a few
weeks back to fix a similar problem (and a console problem) on mfb based
displays.  I think these have since been comitted (Jonathan can obviously
confirm or deny).

Or, grep the ftp archives or gander at the (new and experimental) web
archives at http://www.co.iup.edu/netbsd-port-pmax/ for "Xcfbpmax on
DS5000/25 - problem with mouse pointer" and/or "mfb patches".

__
-Matthew Schnierle
-pyld@grove.iup.edu
-http://www.iup.edu/~pyld/
-"If you came in here to bitch, you have wasted 98% of your time;
  may I suggest you spend the other %2 finding the door."