Subject: Installed 5000/25 (X problem)
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Sijben <sijben@acm.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/29/1997 12:01:41
Some time ago I posted a request for help with installing my 5000/25. I
finally got it to work but needed the ultrix helper machine a lot.

I had a disk (rz25) from the earlier efforts with the bootblocks and a
disklabel. I dd-ed the 1.2 miniroot onto that disk using the helper machine.

The miniroot booted, but i was not able to disklabel the other rz25 in my
system, it kept complaining that I would be rechanging the size of an open
partition (even when I hadn't touched the disk since boot).

Finally I used the utrix box to put a disklabel on the disk and I was able to
newfs it and intsall the 1.2  binary distribution on it.

Installation of X worked fine (with the help from the mail by Scott Gash.)

I have one problem, the mouse pointer will not move to the left quarter of
the screen. Does anyone have a clue on how to fix that?

Paul

--
Paul Sijben                 University of Twente, The Netherlands
tel.: +31-53-4893735        http://www.huygens.org/~sijben/