Subject: Re: libdl?
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Steven E Lumos <slumos@screamin-jay.cs.unlv.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/24/1997 16:31:22

>>There is no dlopen for the pmax port yet.  I think there is still
>>some more work to do to finish up the shared library support and
>>this is part of it.
>
>That's correct. The plan was to get the NetBSD ld.elf_so working on
>the pmax, and to put dlopen() code that uses ld.elf_so into the
>startup library.
>
>I'm just not getting enough time to finish all this; if someone wanted
>to help iron the bugs out of ld.elf_so I'd be *very* grateful.
>
>Unfortunately, it seems there's only two or three people who have much
>experience with either pmaxes or the NetBSD ld.elf_so...

It would be nice if anybody out there was willing to help people get
started.  We for example said that we more than happy to help debug
the problem with hangs during disk access on 3100s, if somebody would
just tell us what we needed to do, but apparently nobody thought it
was worth the trouble.  We'd also be willing to help with this, but
since that kernel doesn't last more than 2 minutes without hanging on
our 3100, there isn't much we can do.

Steve