Subject: NetBSD 1.2D kernels with possible 3100 SCSI fix on ftp.netbsd.org
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/25/1997 00:40:38
A GENERIC kernel with a patch for some lurking bugs in the 3100
sii (scsi chip) driver is in ftp.netbsd.org in
~ftp/pub/NetBSD/arch/pmax/kernel-snapshot/.

There are three kernels: netbsd, netbsd.ecoff, and netbsd.elf, in
a.out, ecoff, and ELF format, respectively.  If someone who's
been experiencing 3100 hangs could try one of these kernels out
(probably netbsd, on a diskless system) and let me know if it makes
a difference, that would be cool.

I've also got a user-land snapshot of 1.2D built, and I hope to put
out a 1.2D snapshot with tagged ELF binaries sometime this coming
week.  The tagging uses a new GNU bintuils feature that identifies the
OS (and for netbsd, emulation) that should be used for a given binary.

That would allow anyone who wants to run NetBSD ELF binaries and other
ELF binaries to do so, without any confusion over which emulation to
use. (provided, of course, that the desired emulation exists.)

--Jonathan