Subject: Re: booting a 3100
To: Reini (Reinhold Huber) <Reinhold.Huber@Fachschaften.TU-Muenchen.DE>
From: Rob Deker <deker@digex.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/17/1997 11:39:08
On Mon, 17 Mar 1997, Reini (Reinhold Huber) wrote:

> We've got two DS 3100 without hard disks and made several attempts to boot
> them:
>
> - netboot via tftp
>   bootserver: VAXstation running Ultrix 3.1

I also have had some trouble with miniroots and disklabels, but I did manage
to get one netbooted...what is the setup you have?

> I think the PROM of the pmax is incapable of booting off the net, because
> a bootptest from another machine works and mopd on the linux box seems to
> work, too. Network connection is ok.

this shouldn't be the case. How were you trying to make it boot from the net?

rob

"Off the keyboard, through the CPU, | deker@digex.net
out the transceiver, down the rj45  | Systems Engineer
line, across the router, through    |
the Hub, out the gateway.           |
        Nothing but net."           |