Subject: Re: updated snapshot on ftp.netbsd.org
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Benson L Chow <bc3c+@andrew.cmu.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/09/1997 00:24:34
Thanks... I knew I probably did something dumb like that =)

Now I'm having another problem: Though it works generally, for some
reason or another, my DECstation 3100 (KN01, Version 7.0, with two RZ55
disks, CFB, 24M), crashes when it's doing something - anything,
randomly.  It just sits there, frozen.  No panic message, no savecore
dump.  I haven't been able to compile a kernel since it would crash in
the middle somewhere and I'd have to restart compiling from the
beginning (is this normal???  Do I have hardware trouble?)

It will always take a while before it crashes (around 30 minutes to few
hours), and never when it's idle.

Ultrix-4.4 would never crash (though this is on an RZ56), so I find this
problem really weird.

Excerpts from internet.computing.netbsd.port-pmax: 7-Mar-97 Re: updated
snapshot on ftp.. by "A.Arnold"@zam331.zam.kf