Subject: Re: updated snapshot on ftp.netbsd.org
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Benson L Chow <bc3c+@andrew.cmu.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/07/1997 11:06:33
Ow.  I think I messed up, but am not too sure--
I just installed the March 6th snapshot - though everything seems to
work, all network functions would just say

Bad system call

and dump core.  Example: I can run 'ftp' with no arguments and it will
run fine.  Then I type in 'open ftp.netbsd.org' - at that point it would
dump core.

I'm new to NetBSD so I'm not sure if this is a bug or a screwed up
installation, but I unpacked on top of the March 1 snapshot.

Thanks for any ideas -- I tried running ldconfig (like other shlib
unixes) and it didn't help.  Looks like I'll have to pull out ultrix
again to fix this (no network really bites...)

-bc