Subject: more on booting a 3100 to install
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rob Deker <deker@digex.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/06/1997 17:18:09
After having trouble with tryibng to do a croos-platform disklabel, I
decided to go the diskless boot route. Which is all good, except for
(another) lack of documentation. It points out that when creating a root
FS for the diskless workstation, if the root FS	 is coming from a binary
distribution, that I need to populate /dev. Ok, this makes sense. But how
do I populate /dev w/o having a booted decstation 3100? Any ideas? Could
somebody send me a tarred /dev from a decstation 3100 running 1.2?

thanks

rob

"Off the keyboard, through the CPU, | deker@digex.net
out the transceiver, down the rj45  | Systems Engineer
line, across the router, through    |
the Hub, out the gateway.           |
        Nothing but net."           |