Subject: The asic chip on the 3min (5000/1xx)
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tad Hunt <tad@chico-low.csh.rit.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/23/1997 01:38:12
    Hey all.  I'm working on porting plan9 (http://plan9.bell-labs.com)
to the DS5k/1xx.  I'm fairly familiar with the internals of NetBSD/pmax,
but I am having a hard time getting the plan9 serial driver working.
Essentially I've got it doing everything except for giving me interrupts.

    Due to lack of documentation, I've been looking through the
NetBSD/pmax (1.2BETA) source for pointers on how to set stuff up.  As far
as I can tell, I'm setting up all the Zilog SCC (8530) registers properly.
I was wondering if there is something special I need to do with the ASIC
to allow the interrupts through, and if so, if someone could point me to
where exactly to look for that?

    Alternatively, does anyone know any online sites to get the
documentation for the ASIC chip in the 5000/1xx series (KN02-BA)?  I
can't seem to find it with altavista.

Thanks!
    -Tad