Subject: Booting directly to multiuser/ PMAG AA
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthew Schnierle <pyld@grove.iup.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/22/1997 18:47:15
Two questions:

1.  How does one make the pmax port boot directly from the prom right into
multiuser with no breaks for input?  Specifically:

I've got a 5000/120 running the 1.2 binary distribution and a fairly generic
kernel.  At the prom, I'm booting with

>>boot 3/rz3/netbsd -a

However, while this does bypass single user mode, I'm still prompted for a
root device.  I thought this was fixed in the kernel config--I think I'm
either messing up the kernel config or completely missing the point WRT
booting directly into multiuser (in either case, I'd love to hear from those
of you who have this worked out and are willing to help a Netbsd newcomer).

2.  The machine in question is currently running headless (with a terminal attached to
the serial port).  It has a PMAG-AA greyscale card.  When the card is in the
box and a monitor is attached, the screen goes to hell upon boot-up.  Again,
if there is a kernel config issue or something not entirely obvious, I'm all
ears.

Thanks,

-Matthew Schnierle
-pyld@grove.iup.edu
-http://www.iup.edu/~pyld/
-Member, Programmers Local 1036--AFL-CPIO.
-Stomp out Internet Spam.  http://www.vix.com/spam/