Subject: Bad write performance in NetBSD-current
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/14/1997 10:34:38
Hi, everyone.

Since I replaced my source code tree with NetBSD-current, I have been
experiencing severe write performance degregation on DS5000/25.  Does
anyone out there conform (or deny) this symptom?

/// Details ///

24MB DS5000/25 with addtional sfb installed.  With NetBSD-1.2 release
genvmunix kernel, iozone reports figures around (over 10MB I/O tests);

	write	 700000 -  800000
	read	1100000 - 1110000

range.  But, using a kernel compiled from NetBSD-current/pmax (96-12-14);

	write	 350000 -  360000
	read	1100000 - 1110000

Note that read performance seems unchanged.  Interactive performance
appearently got worse than NetBSD-1.2 kernel.  What's wrong my kernel?

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology