Subject: Re: SCSI formatting tool
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bill Harris <billh@airmail.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/06/1997 10:52:45
I also am wondering if there is a more intelligent partition and
labeling tool than disklabel.  I would give my two front eye-teeth
for one that could read all of the geometry information off of the
drive itself and not have to generate all of that info manually.

Much like the disklabel on OSF, it could build a default partition
and label info based on the drive.  If we had that, then diskpartab
could be used effeciently to build disktab entries for practically
any drives out there.

I've got a DSP3133L I'd like to generate a disklabel for if I had
something reasonable.

Bill