Subject: Re: weired file deletion problem
To: Yi-Chun Chu <ycchu@eecs.umich.edu>
From: David Haube <dch@mw.cs.washington.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/26/1996 16:17:37
If it's the kernel is the one you booted from, you can't delete it, the
file is still open.  To replace the kernel, rename netbsd to somethinge
else, put your new kernel in as /netbsd, then reboot.  When you
come back you can erase the old kernel.

Also, it's good to keep the old kernel around in case the new kernel
has a problem, you can boot the old kernel from the boot prompt.