Subject: Re: X11R5 '/dev/mouse' problem under 1.2?
To: None <kml@nas.nasa.gov, port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ben Cottrell <benco@ucsee.EECS.Berkeley.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/18/1996 00:35:37
> I tried out Arne's X11R5 server, but I'm getting an error
> when starting up:

My X setup is held together with chewing gum and baling wire--I figure I'll
wait till someone gets the Xws interface figured out to clean it up and
compile X11R6. But here's what I have which works:

pendor% ls -l /dev/mouse /dev/fb0
crw-rw-rw-  1 root  wheel   86,   0 Jan 26  1994 /dev/fb0
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel         8 Aug  1 22:54 /dev/mouse -> /dev/fb0

You say you tried linking /dev/mouse to /dev/pm0... what are the major and
minor numbers on pm0? On my machine they're 8,0 instead of the 86,0 that
works.

Good luck!
	~Ben