Subject: Shared libs problems
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/12/1996 01:37:22
I thought it was about time to have a look at the shared lib stuff.
Not wanting to jump in boots'n'all, I thought I'd just run ldconfig
after unpacking the shared libraries in /usr/lib, but I don't seem to
be getting to far with ldconfig - it dumps core with a seg fault.

If I understand correctly, a -current kernel as of mid-Novemeber
_doesn't_ need Manuel's kernel patches?  My kernel only differs from
the generic kernel in that it has the COMPAT_09 and EXEC_AOUT options
so I can run my old binaries.  I haven't tried a plain generic kernel
yet, mainly because I haven't recompiled old important binaries like
xntpd yet :-)

The output of ``ktrace /sbin/ldconfig'' isn't encouraging:

   711 ktrace   RET   ktrace 0
   711 ktrace   CALL  execve(0x7ffff9b3,0x7ffff8f8,0x7ffff900)
   711 ktrace   NAMI  "/sbin/ldconfig"
   711 ldconfig EMUL  "netbsd"
   711 ldconfig RET   execve 0
   711 ldconfig PSIG  SIGSEGV SIG_DFL
   711 ldconfig NAMI  "ldconfig.core"

Am I missing something really simple here through lack of sleep?

Simon.