Subject: Compiling X on 1.2pmax
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bill Harris <billh@airmail.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/09/1996 15:14:48
I put the patches into site.dev that Erik Bertelson suggested
and things are much better.  It built with no errors, but when
doing a 'make install', it's complaining when it gets to the
programs/xdm directory with the following error:

installing in programs/xdm...
rm -f xdm
gcc -o xdm -O2 -ansi -Dasm=__asm     -L../../usrlib auth.o daemon.o
server.o dpy
list.o dm.o error.o file.o                netaddr.o reset.o resource.o
protodpy.
o policy.o                session.o socket.o streams.o util.o
xdmcp.o
  mitauth.o               genauth.o access.o choose.o
greet.o ver
ify.o Login.o -lXmu -lXt -lSM -lICE -lXext -lX11 -lXau -lXdmcp
-L/usr/local/X1
1R6.1/lib
session.o: In function `waitAbort':
session.c(.data+0x58): undefined reference to `crypt'
verify.o: In function `Verify':
verify.c(.text+0x184): undefined reference to `crypt'
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

My guess is I'm missing a crypt library, or it's specified by default
and I need to de-select it.

Any ideas?

Bill