Subject: Re: several stupid DECstation questions
To: Kevin M. Lahey <kml@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Mats O Jansson <maja@celsiustech.se>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/01/1996 10:10:56
On Sat, 30 Nov 1996, Kevin M. Lahey wrote:

> I bought a used DECstation 3100 a month or so ago, and I've been
> having fun with NetBSD-pmax on it.  I just had a few moderately
> stupid DECstation and pmax questions:
>
> * What terminal type works best for the console?  I looked through
>   termcap, but nothing jumped out at me.

I tried to use vt100 and xterm, but it wasn't perfect. I looked in the source
and found that if you are using rcons it's emulates a sun console. So on my
DS5000/20 I'm using sun as terminal type and add a stty rows 52 to get it
working correctly.

> Thanks!
>
> Kevin

-moj

Mats O Jansson, CelsiusTech Systems, Jaerfaella, Sweden
email: maja@celsiustech.se (or moj@stacken.kth.se)