Subject: Re: Shared-library snapshot on ftp.netbsd.org
To: Pasi Pirhonen <upi@gorba.lpt.fi>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/17/1996 23:49:47
(I hope it's OK to cc: this reply to the port-pmax list)

>From: Pasi Pirhonen <upi@gorba.lpt.fi>
>

>On Sun, 17 Nov 1996, Jonathan Stone wrote:
>

>Hi,
>

>> I'm just about to put a a release-format snapshot of
>>       base.tar.gz
>>       comp.tar.gz

.I just unpacked above and other pakcs from 'snapshot-1996-09-17'.
>Kernel is compiled from 'Nov16' sources.
>
>I don't know if it is me or something else, but i cannot compile
>anything as ...
>
>----------
>blah joe # cc conf.c -o conf
>ld: cannot open /usr/lib/crtn.o: No such file or directory

Oops.  I forgot to add /usr/lib/crtn.o to the list of files
that go into a release.  that's what snapshots are for :).

I beleive there's nothing in crtn.o; you can create one by

	touch crtn.c; cc -c crtn.c

and then installing the resulting crtn.o in /usr/lib/.
Meanwhile, I'll fix the file list.

thanks,
--Jonathan

(PS: I take it the shared-lib binaries themselves work??)