Subject: Re: NetBSD master CVS tree commits
To: Tom Yu <tlyu@MIT.EDU>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/11/1996 14:21:11
[changes to sys/arch/mips/mips/elf.c break pmax kernels]

>Perhaps the cpu_exec.c should be modified appropriately as well?

Yep. cpu_exec was modified at the same time. I noticed it wasn't
committed  when I saw the sup logs, and committed it then.

It will appear in tomorrow's sup, along with  fixes for:
	* Fixes to exec_elf32 for  mips (really, non-Alpha)
	  ELF shared libraries.
	* ___mcount vs. __mcount references in mips/include/profile.h

	* a temporary kludge for mips libkvm, until the mips1/mips3
	  pmap merge is done

	*

That includes __everything__ I know of that's required to build a
shared-lib userland on a mips, *except* for:
	* ld.so.  (You can use Manuel Bouyer's snapshot until
	  the NetBSD/alpha ld.so is ported.)

	* crt0.c and the source for crtn.o.  I've never seen these.
	  the source is not in Manuel Bouyer's snapshot.

	* the /usr/share/mk changes.

	* The  patches to src/gnu/usr.bin/gcc/arch/mips/netbsd.h,
	  to default to -fpic, and to make -fpic imply -mabicalls.
	  (Again, Manuel's changes are a good start).

I hope to have a shared-library mips snapshot finished this-weekish.

I'd appreciate hearing from anyone willing to test it.

--Jonathan