Subject: More 5000/200 kernel troubles
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew Litt <ajlitt@mail.utexas.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/28/1996 07:35:39
Thanks to all those who suggested I use the nfsnetbsd.ecoff in the
NetBSD-1.2 tree. I got the whole netboot process going, and got my
filesystems installed. However, I'm having big trouble finding a kernel
that will work well during normal operation. I started out using the
kernel from the arch/pmax/snapshot directory, and no luck. I get the
same hang after the 'priorityy' prints (see my last message). I then
tried extracting the kernel from the 1.2 miniroot, and now it gets to
the point of asking me for a root device, but then prints:

root device? rz0
rconsattach: 1 raster consoles
init: copying out flags `-s' 3
init: copying out path `/sbin/init' 11

The system hits the drive a couple of times after this, and then
freezes.

Am i forgetting something? Or is it trying to use a framebuffer (which I
don't have)? I tried setting console and osconsole equal to s. That
didn't seem to help. I'm baffled yet again. Again, help will be much
appreciated.

--
:Andrew Litt:ajlitt@mail.utexas.edu:KC5APJ:MSTie#47556::::::::::::::
 ::"If you wanna bake a cake, you::"My other brain is a Newton."-me::