Subject: DS5000/200 boot troubles
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew Litt <ajlitt@mail.utexas.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/27/1996 18:23:01
Hi. I just got my hands on a DECStation 5000/200 this past week, and
attempted to get the miniroot running via bootp/tftp as well as trying
to write the miniroot to another HD. In either case, after booting what
I thought should be the entire miniroot, I wind up with the following:

>>boot 6/tftp/nfsnetbsd
855136+0+69556
Using PROM serial output until serial drivers initialized
Copyright (c) 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993
        The Regents of the University of California.  All rights
reserved.

NetBSD 1.1A (DISKLESS) #3: Tue Mar 12 12:16:05 EST 1996
    gallatin@serov.isds.duke.edu:/usr/src/sys/arch/pmax/compile/DISKLESS
real mem = 25165824
avail mem = 20885504
using 614 buffers containing 2514944 bytes of memory
mainbus0 (root)
tc0 at mainbus025 MHz clock
asicmatch: KN02     slot 7 offset 0x0 pri -1
(configuring KN02 system slot as asic)
asic0 at tc0 slot 7 offset 0x0asicattach: asic0

asicattach: entry 0, base addr bfc00000
 adding dc subslot 0 offset 200000 addr bfe00000
dc0 at asic0 offset 0x200000 priorityy

At this point, it freezes. Under my netboot setup, I stop seeing bootp
or any other requests for that matter directed at my host as well.

I'm thoroughly confused. If it helps any, I got this machine with a
PMAG-C installed. I had to take it out to get it to pass the LED
diagnistics, and as a result, I must use the serial console.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

--
:Andrew Litt:ajlitt@mail.utexas.edu:KC5APJ:MSTie#47556::::::::::::::
 ::"If you wanna bake a cake, you::"My other brain is a Newton."-me::