Subject: Re: Newbie install of 1.2 to a Maxine
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/23/1996 13:58:44
On Oct 23,  6:36pm, Simon Greaves wrote:
> /path/to/tarball.gz | tar xpf -) and all looks good, _except_ no netbsd
> file.

  Hmm - that seems like something missing from the installation and
distribution.

> I tried copying in the miniroot kernel, but it doesn't work (no surprise
> there), so, where do I get a one? Should I build one whilst in the
> miniroot? Should I use the miniroot kernel & pass an arg or two to it?

  I would think the kernel from the miniroot should work.  What problem do
you have when trying to use it?

  You might be able to use the kernel from the pmax snapshot:
	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/pmax/snapshot/netbsd

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant