Subject: Re: Help, I lost my kernel -- alarm cancelled
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/21/1996 20:36:35
On Mon, 21 Oct 1996, Erik Bertelsen wrote:

.. Partly as a consequence of my earlier problem with booting current
.. kernels, I cleaned up in my / directory.
..
.. Now: Will anyone be willing to build a current kernel, e.g. based on
.. the DS3100 configuration (or GENERIC) and convert it to ecoff format
.. using the elf utilities and then mail this kernel to me ?? Then I
.. plan to boot via tftp and use my local disk as the root file system.

All right -- by using the thinking engine I recalled the name of a saved
kernel image -- and Hurray, it booted. I'm back online again, and I don't
need anyone to build me a kernel...

Sorry for the alarm..........:)

Erik Bertelsen