Subject: X on a DS3100
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Haube <dch@mw.cs.washington.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/02/1996 19:15:46
I installed netbsd on my 3100 and now would like to get X working.  I
downloaded the X11R6 binaries but that doesn't include a server.  It
mentions that the X11R5 server would work but building X11R5 seems
a bit beyond me at thhis time (I tried).  Is there a precompiled
X11R5 server somewhere?  Or could someone give me some pointers
on how to build X11R5?  I got as far as getting the makefiles built
but the makefiles seem to have spaces in file paths among other
things.

On installing netbsd:
I used the help file from the web page and there seems to be an error:
	disklabel /dev/rz3c -b rzboot -s bootrz
didn't work for me. Doing what is suggested in the README for the
disklabel source did work though:
	disklabel -B -R /dev/rrz1c sample
	disklabel -B /dev/rrz1c

I used the sample file in the source for my disktab almost worked,
(I have a rz25e), but I found that starting partitions on cylindar
boundaries was important and changed the sample file accordingly.

If I get X up and running I'll have it made, thanks.

Dave Haube
dch@mw.cs.washington.edu