Subject: Re: 1.1 current problem
To: Yoseff francus <francus@yossi.com>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/28/1996 01:08:33
On May 29, 12:32am, Yoseff francus wrote:
} Thanks for the mods needed to files.pmax I got 1.1 current to compile
} properly. When I now boot up using this kernel it gets to the point of
} init: flags -s 3 (something like that) and hangs there.
}
} The next line should be
}
} init: copying out /sbin/init
}
} but I never see this line.

  I ran into this as well while trying to get a -current kernel to
boot on a 5000/25.  What appeared to be happening on my system is
that the maching was hanging when trying to copy the flags to the
user stack.  I don't think I ever found out exactly what was
happening.  I got stuck trying to figure that problem out, so
I worked on getting my changes to the autoconfig code so that
the kernel would work on the 3100 and 5000/25.  Something I did
seems to have fixed (or masked) the problem with the hang - I've
now got a kernel that boots and runs on both the 3100 and 5000/25.
I'm going to try to get my changes into the source tree in the
next day or two.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu