Subject: Dual displays on a MAXINE
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Conran <lucifer@dstc.edu.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/28/1996 09:34:08
Okay .. this is a little off topic and purpose of the mailing list.
but ... I can't figure this out.

I have a 5000/25 with another video card in it (a PMAG-JA :)
Which of course is not supported under X11R6(.1) yet.
And I think I am correct in assuming the Pmax port doesn't run the Ultrix
Xservers (Xtx) at the moment. (Please correct me if I am wrong)

Anyways .. I added the card, and it automatically assume the PMAG-JA is
the new display (over the internal PMAG-DV)
My question is ... how do I get the kernel to see both.
I have gotten this working on a 5000/133 using a PMAG-JA and a PMAGB-BA
But for some reason when adding another fb entry in the kernel, I get nothing
detected. Have tried explicitly defining which ibus it is on rather than
letting it figure it out too .. to no avail.

Is there some magic bootprom/firmware switch I have to flick?

It would be nice to have two heads on this little beast. (the PMAG-JA is
soooo sllllooooowwwwww)

Thanks in advance ... David (Who is just waiting for the PMAG-JA to be
supported by X11R6.1+ so he can ditch ultrix)
--
 _--_|\  David Conran,                          Voice: +61-7-3365-4307
/      * Senior Systems Administrator           Fax:   +61-7-3365-4311