Subject: Volunteer list?
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/10/1996 15:12:57
hi all,

there's a clear list of things that (I hope) we can all agree
would be Really Good for NetBSD on mips chips.  These include
(but aren't limited to):

	1) shared library support
	2) Running an X11R6 server (e.g., emulating the Ultrix Xws interface)
	3) more solid kernel drivers
	4) better installation instructions
	5) more binary packages

and last but most importantly
	6) more people contributing

I've been working hard on 3), though I can appreciate it may not look
like it at times.  However, my bandwidth is saturated, and I can't do
any more.  In fact, over the next year, it looks like I'll be doing
less than I have up to now.

I wonder if it'd work to have a list of identifiable ``things to do''
and try and encourage people to co-operate on them?

If there were such a list, would anyone volunteer?

--Jonathan