Subject: Re: NetBSD/pmax & X
To: Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@isds.Duke.EDU>
From: Erwin J. van Eijk <eijk@pegasus.esprit.ec.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/01/1996 16:04:17
Your message dated: Thu, 29 Feb 96 13:06:07 EST
> > If you mean, your tips sortof worked, well yes. If you mean, well you
> > can run X, then no. :(
> > >The X server isn't great, but its better than nothing.  Somebody is
> > >supposedly working on getting the X11R6 going..

Is that true?

>Ack.  I'd thought you'd meant it seg faults after you've been running
>for a while & stressing it (mine dies after a few days of 4 virtual
>desktops & a lot of Netscape pixmap allocations).  Not that it
>segfaults immediately.

Mine dumps core almost immediately. :(

>Can you remind me of what hardware  you have & what kernel are you
>running?  Exactly how far does it get?

It gets past the font selection stuff, inits the screen, and then
bombs out on me. I have a Maxine, which has two video adapters
installed, and maybe that's what's going wrong. Somewhere.

>You might want to CC this info to the port-pmax@netbsd.org mailing
>list, in hopes that somebody there might be able to help.

I surely hope so.

Anyone got an Xserver working on a Maxine NetBSD/pmax port?
--
 \     | Erwin J.  van Eijk   | Standard Disclaimer applies