Subject: Recent kernel (3100) needed
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: The user formerly known as Leslie Todd Masco <cactus@hks.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/14/1996 23:45:56
Does anybody have a recent (post-ethernet fix) either rz0-booting or
generic kernel they could put up for ftp or ftp to me (ftp.hks.net:/incoming)?

I'm running into a problem with a kernel compiled around the time of the
1.1 release that I've been testing with binaries from the snapshot on
ftp.netbsd.org as of about a week ago.

The problem is this: when I try to write to an NFS-mounted volume (from
a NetBSD/pmax 1.0 2100), I get repeated messages"

(date) (hostname) /netbsd: missing buffer, no_td = 3, last_td = 6

Until the machine hangs.  The no_td and last_td are all permutations of
0, 3, and 6.  There's also the occasional message:

(date) (hostname) /netbsd: ast_td = 3

I'm hoping that a recent kernel will fix this.

Thanks,
--
Todd Masco     | "life without caution/ the only worth living / love for a man/
cactus@hks.net |  love for a woman/ love for the facts/ protectless" - A Rich