Subject: NFS Errors/Crashes
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Leo Bicknell <bicknell@ufp.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/13/1996 10:19:17
	I've been doing a lot of compiling on an NFS mounted
partition and have noticed some wierd things.  Sometimes when
linking I'll get an 'I/O Error' and gcc will crap out.  If
I just run it again, all works fine.  My best guess is this is
an NFS problem, since I've never seen that behavior compiling
on a local disk.  Also, twice while compiling now the machine
has rebooted for no good reason.  That problem might be NFS
related too.  Unfortunately I haven't been at the console
when it happens to see any messages.

	Has anyone seen similar problems with NFS/heavy IO?
I'm mounting off an Ultrix 4.4 box if it makes any difference.

--
Leo Bicknell - TMBG List Admin - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org
         System Administrator / Network Technician