Subject: Seagate FAST SCSI-2 drive - 1GB - lots of information
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Yoseff francus <francus@yossi.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/05/1995 00:43:27
I have never been able to get this to work under netbsd, it had always done
a reboot when it got to this drive at boot time. However, I did manage
to see it under one circumstance and am hoping that someone can figure
out what made it work.

I ftp'ed the NetBSD-1.1 gzip files to work which has a fast link and
then put the files on tape using a TLZ06 tape drive, took the drive home
for the evening and unloaded the files onto my machine.

My box is a DS5000/120 (3MIN) with 2 internal rz25's (rz0 and rz1) and
an internal CD drive (rz4). Then there is an expansion box that has the
Seagate 1GB disk (rz2). I daisy-chained the TLZ06 off of the expansion
box (rz5) and then terminated at the TLZ06. When I first booted up
netbsd with this configuration it got to rz2 (Seagate) dealt with it
properly and then went on to rz4 and the rz5 (TLZ06). I could not get
this to work all the time but on occasion it did work.

Anyone have any idea what is going on? One additional piece of
information is that even when I take the Seagate and put it in the DS5000
instead of any of the internal disks it never is handled properly.
So the issue does not appear to be that it is an external disk, but
something else.

Thanks for any suggestions.

yoseff