Subject: known pmax bugs and features in 1.1..
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/23/1995 17:21:29
For those who haven't heard this yet:
(if I've forgotten any, please let me know :)

1.  Serial consoles don't work.

2.  The ASC driver (turbochannel scsi) sometimes loses output
    data (!).  Symptoms of this are  kernel printf warnings
    like the following:

	asc: DMA_OUT, fifo resid 1, len 0, flags 0x12

3. On the 3100/2100, the Ethernet driver  breaks under heavy load.
   I don't know if the ``old'' driver is any better.

4. On the 3100/2100, the glass-tty driver doesn't work on
   monochrome framebuffers. X may or may not work.

5. For machines with SCC chips (turbochannel machines except the
   5k/200), the mapping from device minor number to SCC channel
   follows the  hardware channel topology -- unlike Ultrix.

	Minor number	Hardware	Connected to
	NetBSD	Ultrix	channel
	0	2?	scc 0 B channel		Bulkhead connector "2"
	1	1?	scc 0 A channel		mouse port
	2	1?	scc 1 B channel		mouse port
	3	0?	scc 1 A channel		keyboard  port