Subject: Re: problem compiling machdep.c
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Helge MEINHARD, Chorus, CERN-ECP <meinhard@afsmail.cern.ch>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/18/1995 08:23:16
Hi,

> [[pmax kernel doesn't build]]
>
> Oops.
>
> The following change is what I use.  I'm not sure if it's
> stylistically correct, which is probably why it never got checked in.
> I think ``(vm-offset_t)'' is probably a better fix than ``(u_long)''
>
> ! 	physmem = btoc((u_long)v - KERNBASE);
yes, that works fine, thanks much. Anyway, as bad as the shape of the
pmax port distribution is (it's really a little hard for a newcomer to
find his path through), as impressive and helpful is the amount and
quality of replies received from the port-pmax list. Thanks to all!

I'll now try and install the X11R5 server.

Helge