Subject: ultrix disklabels fixed; new miniroot on Gregorio
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/14/1995 09:40:17
the Ultrix disk-label reading code in NetBSD/pmax was indeed broken.
I've fixed it, cleaned up the code, built a new miniroot, and put it
on Gregorio.Stanford.EDU.

I'm also putting the miniroot and bootblocks on sun-lamp, from where they will
appear on ftp.netbsd.org.  However, sun-lamp seems to be unreachable
today.

Another installation route is to put an ELF (or ecoff?) binary
kernel into an Ultrix root partition, boot it, and rely on Ultrix
compatibility to get up far enough to install NetBSD binaries.
I'd be interested to hear from anyone who thinks this is an
appealing path.

--Jonathan