Subject: Re: generic kernel SCSI tape configuration
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Donn Cave <donn@u.washington.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/11/1995 22:13:56
| (taken from sys/arch/pmax/conf/GENERIC.pmax)
|
| master		sii0	at nexus0 csr ?
|   [...disks... at targets 0-4...]
| tape		tz0	at sii0 drive 5 slave 0
| tape		tz1	at sii0 drive 6 slave 0
| master		asc0	at nexus0 csr ?

I'm probably confused about something here - I don't have a DECstation
NetBSD up for reference.

I assume these are SCSI tape devices, since they seem to be the answer
to a question about an Exabyte EXB8200, but on my NetBSD system the
SCSI tape device is "st0" etc.  Does this vary from one architecture
to another, within NetBSD?

Is there a reason for wiring the tapes in at SCSI 5 and 6?  My config
file says "st* at scsibus? target ? lun ? # scsi tapes" and leaves it
at that.

	donn@u.washington.edu