Subject: Re: Problems with DS2100
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: James Lever <James.Lever@mailbox.uq.oz.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/11/1995 15:08:54
On Mon, 10 Jul 1995, Jeremy C. McDermond wrote:

> I got the miniroot from gregoio.stanford.edu and loaded it on my DECStation
> 2100 this week, the thing boots okay - and generally looks pretty cool.  The

ok, I did the same yet using the ultrix compiled version of disklabel I
found there, it could read labels yet it would core dump when writing
them.. and when I tried to write them using the proper parameters of -b
rzboot -s bootrz (after copying these files to /usr/mdec{rzboot,bootrz})
it said that it could not find bootrz...

anyway.. theoretically the exact procedure entails labeling a disk and
having it partitioned so that the 'a' partition is large enough for the
miniroot and dd'ing the miniroot onto said 'a' partition and booting from
this right???  Is this what is needed in practise???

----
James Lever
Prentice Centre, University of Queensland