Subject: Problems with DS2100
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jeremy C. McDermond <mcdermj@PEAK.ORG>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/10/1995 10:42:42
I got the miniroot from gregoio.stanford.edu and loaded it on my DECStation
2100 this week, the thing boots okay - and generally looks pretty cool.  The
only problem is that during long compiles, it seems to hang.  I remember hearing
that there were questions on whether the kernel was really paging correctly,
and thougth of this as a possible cause.  I can't compile a kernel because it
hangs half way in the middle.  Hardware is:

	DS2100
	Mono FB
	12 Mb Memory
	2 x IBM 1Gb F/W SCSI disks (Root partition is on one of these)
	1 x RZ55

And a quick other question -
	Will mipsel-dec-elfnetbsd work to compile gcc 2.7.0 on NetBSD/pmax?

Thanks for all your help!

Jeremy C. McDermond				mcdermj@CSOS.ORST.EDU
RS/6000 Technical Analyst
Willamette Industries, Inc.			#include <Standard Disclaimer>