Subject: Mips R4?00 port status report and a question.
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Per Fogelstrom <pefo@enea.se>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/07/1995 19:42:39
Hi guys!

Well this migth not be the appropriate mailing list but at least we
are talking mips processors here.

As a few of you might know i'm working on a MIPS R4400 port of NetBSD.
The target system is a PICA_61 R4400/150 machine.

Well i have not been able to spend so much time with it the last months
but have been able to spend the last week working on the port (vacation).

I now have a shaky but somewhat working os. It currently have a display
driver and a SCSI driver which is sufficient for initial testing. It
runs with one of Jonatans old miniroots (with devicenumebers completly
out of range..) but with some workarounds..

For the moment i'm trying to hunt down a cache flush/writeback bug that
stops me from go on porting more software such as drivers etc.

So for the questions:

Does anyone have a miniroot with correct devicenumbers for 'rzxx' and
'rrzxx' that has binaries in a.out format? Is the miniroot on gregorio
using a.out?

This one is actually for the kernel people but you read this list to,
aren't you? Because of the viritually indexed caches in the R4000 i
need to allocate U pages that are aligned on the cache size boundary
in kernel viritual space (kernel_map). Have anyone made a similar
fix for some system, that i can use as an example? To be more specific,
U pages are now on 0xffffc000. kva addresses must have the same a12-a13
value (at least for the 16k cache in R4400) as the UADDR (00).

Cheers

Per