Subject: 5000/120s
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Leslie Todd Masco <cactus@hks.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/06/1995 19:44:12
Two days ago, I wrote:

[Booting from a kernel known to work on some 5000s]... it finds
the kernel, loads it, prints the copyright message, and then crashes with
the message:

        "panic: kernel wired"

What should I do?  Is the /120 supported?  I remember something about
a newer bootblock being needed at some point in the past, but would the
kernel have loaded if the bootblock were bad?

I've gone back and read through the last couple of months of the mailing
list (nntp:nntp.hks.net, hks.lists.netbsd.port-pmax), and it appears that
there is a newer bootblock...  Can someone send me either pointers to it or
the blocks themselves?  Thanks very much...

	-- Todd