To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@novatel.ca>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/01/1995 08:10:19
While we're on the topic of Decstation hardware, I tried to boot my
3100 (in hopes of getting it closer to -current) last night but
it wouldn't come up.

I have it on a serial console even though the keyboard/mouse/display
are plugged in... I don't remember what I originally had the terminal
set to but I put it at 96,n,8,1 and turned on the machine.

I got:

4..3..2..1..0

and then NUL's echo'd back whenever I hit a key. Anyhow, I can't get it
to come up further... It just sits there forever... There appears to be
no activity on the display either.... I checked the wiring with a breakout
box and all the appropriate lights are in the appropriate state...

(oh, btw, I have the terminal plugged into what looks like the serial
port (as opposed to the one with the little printer icon next to it)).

Anyone have any suggestions? I wonder if the battery is dead...

H.