Subject: Miniroot with mount_nfs on Gregorio.Stanford.EDU
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/27/1995 19:44:45
Late last week I rebuilt a generic kernel with -current sources,
(as at, I think, May 20)  and built a new miniroot.
This miniroot includes sbin/mount_nfs.

(For those who care, The binaries are from a somewhat out-of-date
userland built with a NetBSD-a.out toolchain, for which source is not
readily available. I'm not moving to ELF tools until strip works,
because unstripped binaries are too big for a miniroot.)

I tried configuring a miniroot that was installable on a swap
partition; this paniced very shortly after boot -- perhaps because swap
is broken.

--Jonathan