Subject: X11R5 package: still not finished but...
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Arne Henrik Juul <arnej@phys.unit.no>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/15/1995 05:56:32
Well, I've compiled all of X11R5 now, and everything I've checked
works except xload. (startx, twm, xterm, xconsole, xdm works.)

I've dumped the whole thing on ftp.unit.no:pub/NetBSD/arch/pmax/X11R5
untarred.  It's actually in the structure we use here for all third-
party applications, a quite advanced system called 'Store'. (See
http://www.pvv.unit.no/~arnej/store/storedoc.html for an intro).

For clients you're probably better off with the X11r6 stuff from
sun-lamp, but you may be interested in trying out the server. The binary
is .../ver-5.26/bin@pmaxnetbsd/Xcfbpmax and you will also probably need
the rgb.db file (.../ver-5.26/lib/X11/rgb.db@litend,optional:) installed
as /store/lib/X11/rgb.db [it looks weird but it's actually a very nice
system IMNSHO :-]

The server is with Rick's patch (thanks Rick!) so it might work on
TurboChannel boards as well, but I have only tested it on a 3100 with
/dev/pm0.

It's getting increasingly clear I won't have time to make a better
package for you before I have to leave town for a week ('holiday' and finals
preparation) - sorry for that!  I'll try to make amends later.
Alas, the Onyx I've used to compile this on is going away, so I
won't be having quite so much disk & cpu to burn from now on.

Yours,
  -  Arne H. J.