Subject: hanging processes
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/11/1995 09:41:42
>> An unrelated problem: Some times inetd will (seemingly) stop working.
>> The console works fine (running a make, probably) but telnet/ftp etc
>> will get 'Connected to' etc but nothing more. Anyone else see this?

>I've seen this too, but not often enough yet to form any theory as to
>what's happening.   :'(

I used to see this, and I found it was cured by turning off read-
and write-clustering -- either via sysctl in rc.local, or (more permanently,
modulo sup updates) by hacking the kernel source. I don't recall
seeing it since, either on a machine *with* swap space, or  one without.
(Both have 32 Mbytes of memory.)

--Jonathan