Subject: Re: A little more info
To: Leslie Todd Masco <cactus@hks.net>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/01/1995 08:14:12
> Is it possible that something very critical is supposed to be done
> in consinit()?  The consinit() call in init_main.c still needs to
> be diked out for a good link.

Try adding the attached patch.  It changes files.pmax.oldconf to use
sys/dev/cons.c and sys/arch/pmax/pmax/cpu_cons.c and it adds an include
that cpu_cons.c needs to compile cleanly.  That effected a successful
link for me.  Hmmm...  Just tried booting from the kernel and it wedges
right after printing:
Using 614 buffers containing 2.5M [sic] of memory.

This is on a DS5000/25--I haven't looked any farther, but perhaps I
am affected by the IOASIC changes that Johnathon checked in?

Should I check the following changes in, Ted, or are we supposed to
be using rcons, yet?  If so, could you check in your fbio.h and fbvar.h?
rcons.c didn't like the sparc includes...  ;-)  I also have a small
patch to the sys/arch/pmax/Makefile to get it to acknowlege 'make obj'
properly since I'm building in an NFS directory with the mac68k arch ;-)
The Makefile needs a lot more work, but it's a small improvement.

Peace,
-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **

*** files.pmax.oldconf  1995/04/27 20:52:39     1.14
--- files.pmax.oldconf  1995/05/01 12:01:43
***************
*** 3,7 ****
  arch/pmax/pmax/clock.c                        standard
  arch/pmax/pmax/conf.c                 standard
! arch/pmax/pmax/cons.c                 standard
  arch/pmax/pmax/disksubr.c             standard
  arch/pmax/pmax/kadb.c                 optional kadb
--- 3,8 ----
  arch/pmax/pmax/clock.c                        standard
  arch/pmax/pmax/conf.c                 standard
! arch/pmax/pmax/cpu_cons.c             standard
! dev/cons.c                            standard
  arch/pmax/pmax/disksubr.c             standard
  arch/pmax/pmax/kadb.c                 optional kadb
*** cpu_cons.c  1995/04/11 10:08:42     1.1
--- cpu_cons.c  1995/05/01 12:01:45
  #include <machine/fbvar.h>

+ #include <machine/dc7085cons.h>
+