Subject: Disk problem with Seagate ST11200N
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Olsson <Robert.Olsson@data.slu.se>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/01/1995 14:08:21
	Got NeBSD/pmax running on 5025 and 200 MB Maxtor. Nice. Started
	with Jonathans miniroot and loaded the binaries ftp.netbsd.org

	Adding more disk a 1 Gig Seagte does not work. I've replaced
	the cabling with no result and returned to ultrix to verify
	the the disk is operational.

	I need some input on this... Anybody got this combination
	running? Any fixes to the kernel addressing SCSI recently
	the might address this?  The kernel a got comes from the
	miniroot.

	The problems usally starts when the kenernel probes for
	disks and having the Segate on the SCSI chain. Got
	root and /usr on the 200 MB disk. Once a managed to pass
	the probing and succed with disklabel and newfs but
	when moving /usr with dump/restore it crasched. As mentioned
	I replaced cabling and vefified disk function under Ultrix.
	Any ideas?

	Robert Olsson